Becoming a North Carolina Education Lottery (NCEL) retailer is
a great business opportunity. The NCEL retailer application process
is ongoing, so you can get in the game at any time. Please review
the information below and then download a Retailer
Application Package to get started! If you have questions
about the application process, please contact our Customer Services
at 1-877-382-4530, Option 2.
Why Should I become a Lottery retailer?
In addition to the 7% retailer commission on each ticket sold, being a lottery retailer
has several advantages:
- Service to your regular customers.
- Increased customer traffic for ticket purchases.
- Repeat traffic from ticket sales and ticket prize redemptions.
- Increased sales of other store merchandise.
- Statewide lottery advertising and promotional programs.
- Value as a contributing community member.
Basic Requirements include:
- Lottery game retailers must be at least 21 years of age. This does not prohibit retail
employees from selling lottery tickets.
- Lottery game retailers cannot be engaged exclusively in the business of selling lottery
tickets or operating devices solely for entertainment.
- Lottery game retailers must be current in filing and payment of all applicable taxes
to the State, excluding items under formal appeal.
- Lottery game retailers must undergo and pass background investigations which include:
- Criminal background review
- Tax filing status review
- Financial credit review
- Lottery game retailers may not reside in the same household as a member of the Commission,
the Director, or any other employee of the Commission.
Basic Responsibilities include:
- The retailer must display a certificate of authority to sell
lottery tickets. The Commission shall issue such certificates.
- The retailer agrees to pay out all prizes under $600 in their location.
- The retailer agrees to comply with all NCEL Retailer Rules and Regulations.
- The retailer must become responsible gaming approved by going to www.GTECHLLL.com and completing the online retailer responsible gaming training.
- The retailer must comply with Commission rules and procedures governing the accounting
of tickets in custody, tickets sold, proceeds from sales of tickets, and remission
of funds to the Commission through electronic fund transfers or other recorded financial
instruments authorized by the Commission and approved by the Director.
- The retailer shall not pay, give, or make any gift, loan, special discount, economic
opportunity, favor, hospitality or service (excluding food and beverages) in an amount
exceeding $100 to any Commission member, the Director, Commission employee or member
of an immediate family living with a Commission member, the Director, or Commission
Already a NCEL Retailer? Visit the Retailer Accounting Website
MONOPOLY © 2014 HASBRO.
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
LICENSED BY HASBRO.