‹‹ Return to Previous Page
Here is what you need to know:
- Starting with the January 22, 2014, drawing, the Powerball Power Play option will return to a
random multiplier option using 2X, 3X, 4X, and 5X. When Power Play is added, winnings can be
multiplied on all prize levels 2 to 5 times, with the exception of the jackpot and Match 5 + 0
- The Match 5 + 0 prize will not be multiplied and will remain at $2 million for a Match 5 + 0 win
when the Power Play option is purchased.
- The Power Play multiplier will be randomly selected during each Powerball drawing and
displayed during the drawing.
- The price of a Powerball ticket will remain at $2 and the Power Play option will remain at $1
- Any MULTI-DRAW Powerball Power Play ticket will pay the set Power Play prize through the
January 18, 2014 drawing and will pay the random multiplier prize beginning with the January 22 drawing.
Changes in the Power Play prize structure
CURRENT POWER PLAY SET PRIZE STRUCTURE
through the draw on January 18, 2014
NEW POWER PLAY RANDOM MULTIPLIER PRIZE STRUCTURE
begins with the draw on January 22, 2014
Overall odds of winning are 1 in 31.85. Approximate Powerball jackpot odds of winning are 1 in 175.2 million.
*The jackpot prize is estimated and will be divided equally among all winning tickets for that prize level. The jackpot can be paid out either as a lump sum payment or an annuity payout
over 29 years (or 30 payments). If the winner chooses the annuity, the annual payment will be increased each year by the percentage set out in the Powerball game rules. Each ticket costs
$2. The jackpot prize may become pari-mutuel in limited circumstances based on sales.
**All set prizes and Power Play prizes, including the Match 5+0 prize, may be reduced if claims exceed available prize fund. In such circumstances, these prizes may become pari-mutuel as
defined in the game rules. Pari-mutuel means that prize amounts are shared equally among all winners of the available prize pool for that prize level.
MONOPOLY © 2014 HASBRO.
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
LICENSED BY HASBRO.