How to Claim
- How can I claim a winning ticket?
- Claiming a North Carolina Education Lottery (NCEL) prize is simple. A winning ticket must be presented and verified in order to receive your prize. A NCEL ticket is a bearer instrument until signed.
• Prizes with a value of less than $600, including free tickets, can be collected at any NCEL retailer or Regional Office.
• Prizes with a value between $600 and $99,999.99 must be claimed at NCEL headquarters, any NCEL Regional Office or by mail using a NCEL prize claim form. Prizes of $100,000 or more must be claimed in person at NCEL headquarters.
• For all prizes of $600 and above photo I.D. and proof of Social Security number is required.
- Can I claim my prize by mail?
- Yes. Please complete a winner claim form. Then mail the claim form, copies of identification and your signed winning ticket to:
North Carolina Education Lottery
P.O. Box 41606
Raleigh, NC 27629-1606
Be sure to provide your complete name and address information on the envelope. The North Carolina Education Lottery Corporation is not responsible for tickets which are lost by the U.S. Postal Service or any other carrier. If you have questions on how to claim, please call Player Services at (877) 962-7529.
- Who is eligible for EFT (Electronic Funds Transfer) payments?
- The NCEL will make EFT payments to winners of prizes of $100,000 or more and those who win their prize as an annuity. If a prize is shared, each winner can choose the payment option they prefer.
- What’s required to set up an EFT for prize money?
- - For an established checking account, bring a voided check.
- For an established savings account, bring a letter from your financial institution on letterhead providing the name of the person who owns the account, the routing number and the account number.
- For a new checking account, bring a starter check and a letter from the financial institution on letterhead providing the name of the person who owns the account, the routing number and the banking account number.
- For a new savings account, bring a letter from the financial institution on letterhead providing the name of the person who owns the account, the routing number and the banking account number.
- When will the EFT occur?
- For winners receiving a lump sum payment, the NCEL will make the electronic payment the same day that winners claim their prize. Generally, the deposit should arrive in the account within 2-3 business days.
For winners receiving an annuity, the first payment of the annuity will be made electronically the day the prize is claimed. The additional annuity payments will be made annually based on a schedule determined by when a prize is claimed.
- What happens if winners receiving EFT payments change their checking or savings account?
- It is the winner’s responsibility to notify the N.C. Education Lottery if a checking or savings account is changed. A new EFT form directing where the winner would like their payments to be deposited must be submitted to the NCEL. For annuity recipients, notification of changes should be made at least 10 business days before a payment is scheduled to be processed.
MONOPOLY © 2014 HASBRO.
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
LICENSED BY HASBRO.